Safety protocols in our clinics
At London Eye Centre, to ensure the health and safety of our patients and employees, we have implemented additional protocols beyond our usual standard health and safety measures.
We have implemented the following measures and screening procedures:
- The amount of available appointments per day has been reduced to limit the number of patients that can be in the clinic at the same time.
- Patients are screened for COVID-19 symptoms prior to their appointments. Patients experiencing the following symptoms are asked to stay home and reschedule their appointment: flu-like symptoms including fever, cough, difficulty breathing , repeated shaking with chills, fatigue (a lot more than usual), muscle pain, feeling sick, loss of appetite as well as a sudden loss of smell or taste.
- Companions cannot accompany you inside the clinic but can meet you at the clinic entrance when your appointment is complete.
- All patients are required to use the hand sanitizer located at the entrance of the clinic prior to entering. Upon entering the clinic, patients’ temperature may be checked.
- We practice physical distancing in clinic and patients will be placed 2 meters (6 feet) from each other.
- All rooms and common areas with patient contact are disinfected regularly. Chairs used in consultation rooms are disinfected between each patient.
- Screens have been installed in several locations and in exam rooms to provide separation between clinic staff and patients.
- To limit your time in the clinic, where possible, we will be offering virtual appointments over the phone or via video conference.
- If there are forms to be completed (eg, Patient Information Sheet), we ask that you complete these in advance of your appointment (physical or virtual). Incomplete or missing forms may result in your appointment needing to be rescheduled.
- All patients and clinic personnel are required to wear face masks at all times while in-clinic. Cloth masks are required at a minimum. Some jurisdictions in Canada also mandate the use of medical masks in healthcare facilities. In those instances, you may be asked to exchange your cloth mask for a medical mask by a staff member.
- We ask you to leave all extra unnecessary items such as food, drinks, coats, large bags in your car or at home. Also note that the coffee machine, water dispenser and usual snacks will be out of service.